Supplier Kanban processes realized by e-Kanban
The Web-Portal for Supplier Kanban enables your external suppliers, customers or colleagues from another company site to access all relevant Kanban data in real time via internet.
In this way, real-time information flows can be implemented to provide the maximum benefits and savings!
Our electronic e-Kanban System IKS offers the following possibilities to transmit Kanban signals to your Kanban supplier (s):
- Email delivery of Kanban cards or reports, see Figure 1
- Through e-Kanban online access, see figure 2
Figure 1: Kanban connection via Email
For your external suppliers, the IKS Web-Portal allows the online access to all relevant Kanban information in “real-time”. The electronic Kanban Board, which enables the dynamic visualization of the Kanban orders, allows the fast and cheap realization of modern concepts, like vendor-managed inventory (VMI).
Figure 2: e-Kanban connection is available through online web portal
In case of implementing the Customer Kanban concept, a Kanban supermarket (warehouse, racks, …) is built at the customer site, from which the required items can be consumed. If a Kanban container gets empty, the client sends a Kanban signal, so that the supermarket will be replenished.
Figure 3: e-Kanban connection of customers
A common application for a customer Kanban system is the supply of so-called C-parts (DIN and standard parts such as screws, nuts, other small parts, etc.). In this case, the supplier of C-parts offers the replenishment of the kanban supermarket as a service.
Now, on side of the customer the only thing that needs to be done is to capture the consumption of the Kanbans, for example by using a classic barcode scanner, which triggers a very simple and transparent process for replenishment.
In summary the e-Kanban system IKS provides the following advantages:
- Visualization in real time, no time delay!
- Visualization of Kanbans which need to be replenished within the loop
- Optional printing of Kanban cards at supplier side
- Optional scanning of Kanban cards at supplier side (e.g. IN TRANSPORT)
- Entering of short messages by the supplier
- e-Kanban Board for dynamically controlling the replenishment process
- Early Warning System for timely detection of material shortages
- Extensive reporting
- Easy administration of new suppliers and users
- and much more…